This Policy applies to the iPug digital health platform, iPug website, Mesearchr collaborative management software suite, Mesearchr website and all associated applications and services including any third party software therein (Services), as provided by iPug Pty Ltd ACN 608 404 655, Mesearchr Pty Ltd ACN 615 764 219 and our other related entities (us, we, our).
We want to ensure that any personal information you provide us with while using our Services is protected. Before interacting with our Services, please read this Policy which sets out what information we collect from you and how we use it.
Please note that this Policy forms part of our Subscription Agreement which you accept and agree to by continuing to use our Services.
What information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold a variety of information from you while using our Services. This may include information which can be used to personally identify an individual (Personal Information).
Some types of Personal Information we may collect include:
- age and date of birth;
- e-mail address;
- street address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- credit card details;
- purchase and enquiry history with us; and
- any other information you disclose to us through interacting with the Services, our support team or otherwise.
We may also collect and hold other types of information about your interaction with our Services.
How do we collect Personal Information?
How we collect and store Personal Information depends on which Services you use and how you choose to interact with them.
We generally collect Personal Information directly from you in the following ways:
- through your use of our Services;
- through communications between you and our representatives or support team;
- through communications made between you and third parties through our Services;
- whenever you create an account with us;
- whenever you upload any content or data through our Services; and
- whenever you participate in our promotional offers or surveys.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties such as:
- our business partners and contractors, such as those who provide offers or services related to us;
- social media sites where you have connected your account with our Services or where you have visited our social media pages such as those on Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook;
- poll and survey providers; and
How do we hold Personal Information?
We store Personal Information in electronic form on third party cloud based data hosting servers.
To protect Personal Information you provide us with from mishandling, loss or unauthorised access, we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that we and our third party data hosts conform with industry standard technical and organisational security measures.
Stored Personal Information may be combined or linked with any other information about you that we hold, including any information we receive from third parties.
What do we use Personal Information for?
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to assess your identity and eligibility for the Services;
- to provide the Services;
- to provide you with updates on the Services;
- to provide you with newsletters and information on offers, products and services offered by us or our business partners;
- to provide support and communicate to you as our customer;
- to manage your subscription with us;
- to conduct our business operations;
- to process payments to or from you;
- to assess compliance with our Subscription Agreement;
- to provide information to our related bodies corporate;
- to provide information to our external service providers including, but not limited to, our data hosting partners and IT service providers;
- to display content and/or advertising that is relevant to you;
- our marketing, planning, research, maintenance and administrative purposes or those of our business partners;
- to provide to third parties where disclosed to you in this Policy or otherwise where authorised by you;
- to investigate any complaint made by or against you or to investigate any unlawful or improper use of our Services;
- as part of a transfer of our assets should we propose or proceed to sell, merge, seek investment in or otherwise alter ownership of our Services;
- as otherwise required in connection with providing the Services; and
- as permitted or required by law.
Where appropriate, we attempt to de-identify and use Personal Information anonymously.
Other Information & Third Parties
Whilst you are using our Services, we, our advertisers, business partners and other third parties may also collect and hold other information by using cookies or other technologies. Cookies allow tracking and storage of information about your use of the internet and our Services either directly or through third parties.
Cookies are used by us for various reasons including to:
- store your username and password for any subscription you have with us on a device;
- generate statistical, technical and descriptive information and reports about your use of the internet and our Services;
- understand your interests, demographic and location details;
- to personalise advertising; and
- to combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to help improve our Services.
Any content or website that is created or hosted by a third party, but is accessed by you via our Services (through embedding, hyperlink or otherwise), may be subject to that third party’s own privacy and data collection policies and practices which may vary from our own.
If you voluntarily disclose Personal Information via a publicly accessible feature of our Services (such as a forum), you do so at your own risk, as third parties may access and use this Personal Information to send you unsolicited material.
International Disclosure of Personal Information
We carry on our business operations internationally, but our business facilities are primarily based in Australia. Depending on your location, any Personal Information you provide us with is disclosed to and stored on third party cloud based data hosting servers located in Australia or overseas including in Oregon, United States.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients handle your Personal Information in accordance with our Policy.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to and seek correction of any Personal Information we hold about you. You can make this request via the contact details at the end of this Policy.
We strive to maintain data security and confidentiality policies in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) for our users based in the United States. However, certain HIPAA required security measures are only available if you enter into our enterprise agreement subscription. If you intend to transmit or store personal health information (PHI) as defined by HIPAA through our Services, you must notify us of this before creating a Subscription and follow certain HIPAA compliance procedures, including signing a business associate agreement with us and ensuring that certain features such as password lockout restrictions and SSL are available on your account and enabled.
If you have complaints, comments or concerns regarding this Policy, please first contact us directly via the contact details below. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible, but we ask that you allow us up to 30 days to respond before taking any other action.
For any queries relating to this Policy, please contact:
PO Box 462
Maroochydore, 4556, QLD.
We may update this Policy from time to time; the most current version of this Policy will always apply.
Last updated: 1 January 2018